In Pursuit of Perfection



While I was growing up, I heard the word ‘Perfectionist’ many times. It was used for many legends. Be it Aamir Khan (Indian Actor), Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer), Roger Federer (Tennis Player) to name a few.

However, I thought perfectionist means to be the best in everything. So, I tried to develop many hobbies from painting, singing, poetry, dancing, piano, writing, to be a person who is always ready to help. So, whenever anyone said to me Mr. Perfect than it meant everything to me.



Although it was great to know many things at once, but when it came to master everything I know, instead of enjoying all those things a burden was created on me. It was like why am I doing this? Will this change the view how people see me? (as I was a little shy and I couldn’t speak face to face well so many believed that I was a negative person who is too busy to speak to anyone)

At last, I realized that I am not being myself and I am not the same person any more. There was a time when even I didn’t have any idea who I am and what I want. Sometimes, too many choices can be a big problem, I guess.

I started watching Ted Talks and motivational videos on YouTube in the hope of discovering myself. I wanted to know my strengths and weaknesses. Listening to so many people really helped me a lot. I even started to speak well in front of people, well at-least it was better than before. Then I realized two things about myself.

First, I wanted to do many things so that I can make everyone think that I am a great person and not because I enjoyed them. Secondly, I realized that the people who we call perfection are not perfect in the world but in their respective fields.

The second thought hit me hard because I believed that I can achieve perfection in everything, people are only saying that because no one has ever achieved it before. But to be honest, nobody is perfect and there will always be a scope of improvement. You can be great in one or two things but even in your specialized skill or job, someone will always out perform you. So, never stop learning.

Coming to the first thought, I just want to say one thing. As an individual do you think everyone you meet are good? The answer is ‘NO’. Well if you yourself cannot feel everyone is good, then how come you can expect everyone to think that you a good person. If you are being yourself and stop pleasing everyone then you will save a lot of time, there is no doubt about it.

So, you can say life is a constant struggle to never be overconfident and investing time in yourself i.e. do things which are good for you, not the ones which will make you popular. If you do things you are good at, you will automatically get popular.


Comments

  1. Perfection is not a peak although it is a process of getting improve .The one who always try to improve himself is the Perfect one 👍👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Life Goals

Stop Complaining and start living!

Tired of Facing Criticism, then deal with it. But How?